Every now and then there will be a Christmas recipe- this is just me getting everything preped and ready for the day, the less I do on the actual day the better!
I wouldn't normally start now, but I am posting this over to my younger brother who is currently deployed. I have made sure it complies with all of the army's restrictions and will last the shipping duration, though still be nice and fresh when he gets to open it!!
2 cup GF/WF plain flour
1 cup low GI cane sugar
2 cup coconut (dessicated)
1 cup chopped macadamias
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup (or 370g) vegan spread, melted
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup icing sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp vegan spread
3 tbsp hot water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a slice pan (20 x 30cm approx) and line with baking paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients—the flour, sugar, cocoa, coconut, baking soda and macadamia nuts—in a large bowl. Pour in the melted spread, vanilla and milk over the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and smooth out to make level, then press
down with the back of a spoon (if you don't press it down at this stage
it may be too crumbly when cooked) and smooth over the top top.
You will have to do batches as this is a double mix!!
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. The slice will still be soft to the touch and will harden while cooling, but you need to ice while hot!
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add the softened butter and start to mix through. Add hot water slowly and stop when need be, stir well to combine. If it is too thick add a little extra water. Pour over the hot slice and smooth into the corners. Allow to cool completely before slicing in the pan.