A healthy food & lifestyle blog specifically catering for & dealing with the symptoms & conditions of : Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) & Intracranial Hypertension (IH).
Looking at healthy food & food alternatives- redesigning classic recipes & new recipes;
Dealing and living with chronic health conditions on a daily basis- & research about the conditions;
Alternative therapies & remedies, gardening, arts & crafts...
Before undertaking any recipes found on this blog please look to the note in 'Cookery' !

Wednesday 2 November 2011

"Stuff"



I have started the process of painting a picture for my blogs namesake.... doe-full. 
So far it is a basic sketch but I like it.
Because it is a bought pre streched canvas with the material stapled to the sides instead of wrapping around the frame I am unsure whether I should paint the sides as well of give the painting a black border or leave it white. Decisions decisions.

50's pin up dress design

I am also having difficulty with my sewing. I am in the process of making a 1950's pin up style dress and I have done the skirt and the petticoat, I have cut out most of the pieces for the top half. Though I am having difficulty with putting it all together as I cannot pin it on myself and I do not have a mannequin = (

Back taken off,
lace back added
Cotton singlet


I have made/ altered other items of clothing in the mean time and I am really happy with them.


My garden is growing quite well, last season (Autumn/ Winter) our snow peas took over. They have now perished and in their place we have broad beans, fabulous for salads = D
We also have new seedlings: parsley (two types), basil, rocket, lettuce, spring onions, chilli, capsicum, chives, and marigolds.

Hopefully soon they will be ready for the picking.


No comments:

Post a Comment