They are sooo yummy!!!
Rich and creamy, velvety and decadent it's like nothing I have had before- and it's completely vegan and sugar free- WAIT WHAT?!
Yup and there are only 4 ingredients, well 3 if you don't include water!!!
It's like, a non denominational, heaven in your mouth- hehe that's a big statement but for a chocolate lover like me it was just so delicious, something to savour with every loving mouthful...
Serves: 4-8 depending on your restraint and how much you choose to eat (but 4 pots)
250g 85% dark dairy free soy free chocolate, chopped
3-6 tbsp agave syrup (depending on how sweet you like it, me- I like it a bit bitter!)
4 tbsp coconut oil, if needed add more
roughly 3/4 cup water, if needed add more
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and agave in a double boiler (or a makeshift one), using a heat proof spatula continuously stir the chocolate mix ensuring the chocolate doesn't overcook.
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and then place another, smaller bowl on top of this and set aside.
- When the chocolate has melted, empty the chocolate into the smaller bowl (I simply placed the bowl I was melting the chocolate in onto of the ice), and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly add the water, whilst stirring. This may as first make it more runny but it will eventually thicken up a little- you want it like a thick chocolate sauce consistency.
If you find it is too 'watery' stir it some more, heat up some coconut oil separately and slowly add it.
If you find it it so fudgy (without being set in the fridge) then add a little more water and stir again.
- Once happy with the consistency pour it into your pots and place them in the fridge with lids on or put glad wrap/clingfilm over the top.
Allow them to chill for at least 2 hours (or if your impatient like me and just want to get at them- when there is surface resistance)
Please let me know how you go with this recipe when you give it a try!!
I am going to make it again, see if I can get the same result...I'll let you know how I go!