2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 chicken marylands, skinned and excess fat trimmed
1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
2 red capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, diced
small handful of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
1 cup stock
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp flour
1 cup red wine
800g can diced tomatoes
200g button mushrooms, peeled and sliced
2 bay leaves
40g vegan spread
2 garlic cloves
1 small bunch of English spinach
1/2 cup cream (I use rice cream)
1 cup polenta
1/2 cup stock
2 cup water
- Heat the oven to Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place the crock pot on medium to low heat on the stove top. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, lightly cook the marylands, onion and garlic until the meat is slightly browned or the onion is translucent. Remove the marylands and set to one side. Add the remainder oil, paprika and flour, stir into the onion garlic mix. Slowly add the wine, stirring as you go- a paste should form.
- Turn off the stove top. Return the marylands to the pot and add stock, tomatoes and bay leaves. The liquid should partially covered the marylands, give it a light stir and place in the oven for 15mins.
- Take the crock pot out and give it a little stir at 15 mins, also add the mushrooms, rosemary, balsamic and capsicum. Return to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile place a medium sized pan on the stop top at medium to low heat. Add spread, garlic and spinach, cook until spinach is wilted. Add cream and allow to simmer for approximately 2 mins or until sauce has slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return saucepan to the heat and add water and stock, bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and gradually add the polenta, stir frequently and cook for 5-7 mins, or until polenta thickens. Return spinach cream mix, stir thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove crock pot from the oven, discard bay leaves and serve the marylands and sauce over the polenta.