1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 waxy potatoes (such as nicola, sebago or bintje), sliced thinly with the SKIN ON
1 small-medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic clove
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
1 tbsp. mixed dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Rub a medium sized over proof dish with a garlic clove, drizzle a little of the olive oil into the dish (run around the edges). Diced the garlic.
- Layer the ingredients in the dish e.g. one layer of potato then a layer of sweet potato followed by some garlic and herbs. Repeat. Drizzle the remainder of the olive oil on the last layer, pour over the stocks, add the remainder of the herbs. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place in the microwave and set it to 5 minutes. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is nice and crispy but you can easily slide a fork in and out.
|Served with Lemon Rosemary Chicken and steamed vegetables.|
2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed and cut into four fillets.
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1/2 juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Small hand full rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mortar and pestle grind zest, rosemary leaves, pinch of salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil, continue to grind into a paste. Marinate chicken fillets for 2-3 hrs.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender to the touch.