A healthy food & lifestyle blog specifically catering for & dealing with the symptoms & conditions of : Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) & Intracranial Hypertension (IH).
Looking at healthy food & food alternatives- redesigning classic recipes & new recipes;
Dealing and living with chronic health conditions on a daily basis- & research about the conditions;
Alternative therapies & remedies, gardening, arts & crafts...
Before undertaking any recipes found on this blog please look to the note in 'Cookery' !

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Health update...

Things seem to be improving!

Last week I saw my Craniosacral Physiotherapist (first time after my stenting procedure), she was definitely able to tell the difference in having the stent. She noted increased blood flow and a change in heat patterns, compared to the last time she saw me.
She was able to compliment the procedure by distributing the heat (it was mainly centred around the base of the skull, the site where the stent was placed) and increasing blood flow all the more.
After treatment my head felt fuzzy as per usual, felt a little hot and a bit heavy, but I was hearing the whooshing sound of my pulse again.
This sound had ceased after my stenting procedure, as the pressure in my head was reduced and the impact on the auditory senses were diminishing.
The comeback of this sound didn't worry me too much as sometimes in the past, after treatment, the sound would come on stronger. I knew the reason I was hearing the sound again was due to the intensification of blood flow within my head.
Within hours the sound ceased and my head didn't feel as heavy.
A day or two later my head started to feel lighter and the headaches receded.

Since, I have not had any full-scale headaches! 
The photo sensitivity has all but gone and the tinnitus has diminished greatly (only get the high pitched electrical hum, and not all the time).
I am not taking Tramadol for headaches any more, but Panadol Osteo instead- and only for headaches that are slightly more than annoying!

..............................................................................................................................

On the pelvic pain front I think things have decided to be nice to me and let me deal with one health issue at a time which is nice, and out of character... normally I have both health conditions competing for my attention.
I have pain, but it is not overly strong and nothing prominent. The main areas would be the right uterus wall; right fallopian tube and ovary; the peritoneum; and the pudendal and perineal nerves.

This may all have to do with the fact that I still haven't had a period!!!!
I stopped taking Synarel at the start of January this year, after being on it since May 2012.
Syneral pretty much flat lines your hormones and induces a menopausal state, I was put on it so that I wouldn't have periods (so less pain, and no bleeding and anaemia) and for the endometrial tissues to reduce in size (this is due to the extremely low oestrogen levels).
Since stopping the drug I have gone through a menopausal stage again (though not as bad as first time round) and pain has increased.
I am apprehensive about getting my first period and the possible pain that may occur... I try not to think about it as it is in the future and I can't really do anything about it, but it is still on my mind.

..............................................................................................................................

So for now I am going to bask in the rays of improvement and deal with everything else when or if they arrive!

And leave you with a song I LOVE dancing around the house to...
       .... the song is about a girl's endurance of a bad situation.
The situation specifically refers to the time when she is broken hearted after her boy leaves her. You know when faced with painful situation, people basically show two kinds of reaction: giving up or struggling. Those who (undeliberately) decide to give up will usually keep complaining and blaming others for the situation they face. In contrast, those who decide to struggle, even though initially show almost the same reaction as the first group of people, they will finally choose to look at the good side of the situation they face. And it is the later that the girl in the song exactly does. After being down for some times, she finally tries to look at the positive things of her loneliness...

It's such an empowering song and it can be applied to anything. Not just relationships, but for any hardship that you might go through in life...


No comments:

Post a Comment