700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into cubes
400g potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100g silverbeet leaves, trimmed, shredded
500g rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
1 large brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
2 egg whites
1/4 cup low fat milk (I use lactose free milk, as it is what I have in the fridge)
1/3 cup fresh low-fat ricotta
3/4 cup coarsely grated cheddar
2 small ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Mixed salad leaves (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin and potato on non-stick baking tray and spray with olive oil spray. Season with pepper. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray to grease. Add the onion and bacon, cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until soft. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the spinach just wilts.
- Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper. Spread the pumpkin, potato, bacon, onion mixture evenly over the base of the pan, sprinkle evenly with ricotta.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk in a jug. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables and bacon mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar, arrange tomato slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with the basil. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if desired.